Please confirm your selected dates with our dive center. In support of social distancing guidelines, we are currently limiting class size to four students and scheduling may be adjusted based on pool availability. If you don't see a date that works for you, please call (803) 788-9166!
To take this course, you must be:
- A PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- 15 years old (12 for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
What You Learn
The knowledge and skills you get in the Advanced Open Water Diver course vary with your interest and the adventures you have, but include:
- Practical aspects of deep diving
- Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving.
- More ways to use your underwater compass
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time
- How to better use your dive computer and electronic Recreational Dive PlannerTM (eRDPTM)
- And much, much more, depending on the Adventure Dives you choose
*Learning materials, including but not limited to: crew packs, text books, and eLearning, are not returnable/refundable. Once eLearning has been assigned, it is not possible to transfer it to another student. We will make every effort to help you succeed and finish your course. Students may move course dates from month to month(up to 12 months) without any additional charges in order to complete their certification. Course fees may be refunded as store credit to be used on equipment, trips, or courses.
Adventures in Diving Manual
Surface Marker Buoy
*Wet Suit (3mm or 5mm)